Friday, July 5, 2013

Um, hello there

Well, since I'm new here and my role is to add content to this blog (amongst other things), I guess I'll go ahead and introduce myself. I'm the newest person here at The Rooster and the Pig and I hope to be here for a good long while. Forever, if possible. And, while we're at it, you can call me "G."

Yes, as in the seventh letter of the alphabet. It's short for "G.K. Masterson" which is my name. I am a writer -- mostly swords and sorcery fantasy but I do cross over into science fiction, urban fantasy, and historical fiction. I've been writing ever since I had enough manual dexterity to grip a crayon -- though it did take a few years for my writing to make any sense. I've written four novels but only have one published: Twilight of Lanar'ya. I do dabble in fan-fiction just for the stress relief when I get writer's block. I've been reading since I was three years old and have a rather impressive library as well as a Kindle nearly filled with books. If you're curious as to what kind of books I read...I'll read just about anything.

So, enough about me. I'm sure that, over time, we'll all get to know each other quite well. I will be looking for new talent to add to our collection of authors so if you've got a story ready, we'd love to see it. You can find our submission guideline here. We do accept anything (within reason) as long as it's in English (or a close enough facsimile that we can puzzle out).

Donc, allons-y!

-- G.K.



No comments:

Post a Comment